In 1998, the PrayerGuide.org.uk ran a
prayer survey across five different countries (although principally in the UK.) With over
5,500 survey forms returned, this is one of the largest surveys every conducted on prayer
Some of the key findings include :
- There are many Christians committed to prayer
and praying regularly across all denominations and countries.
- Those in positions of leadership are praying
more than average giving a positive role model to our churches.
- The vast majority of respondents would like to
spend more time in prayer, challenging the church to encourage people to pray. This
website is in part a response to that challenge.
- People pray both alone
and with other Christians
- There is opportunity for more Christian couples to pray together.
- 86% of Christians believe they have
experienced answered prayer.
- 59% of respondents believe they have
experienced God communicating with them as they pray.